More than 75% of the cases presenting in the late stage of the disease renders poor prospect for survival and cure instead of having preventable vaccine available, best screening tests available for early detection but due to lack of information and guidance to women.
Endometrial cancer is the most common funnel genital tract cancer in most countries affecting 2-3% of women.
- It occurs mostly after Menopause.
- It has an excellent prognosis when diagnosed while the disease is still localized.
- Early diagnosis plays an important role in a better outcome.
- Post menopause bleeding is the commonest presenting symptoms.
Some facts everyone should know about Ovarian Cancer
- Age is the greatest risk factor for developing cancer.
- More than 50% of all cancer occurs after menopause.
- Women after menopause need to be targeted for prevention, early detection, and treatment of cancer.